BILLBERGIA PTY LTD
- Collecting personal information
The types of personal information we collect will in most cases be determined by the relevant dealing you have with us. We may collect and store information about:
- Purchasers or potential purchasers, of properties, or when responding to requests for the information about a certain property or development;
- Contractors or potential contractors;
- Tenants or potential tenants of our properties;
- Investors or potential investors;
- Our employees or prospective employees; and
- Other individuals who come in contact with us.
The types of personal information we collect includes contact details such as name, email, phone, tax file number, mailing address and details of your financial position. If it is reasonable and practical to do so, we will collect personal information directly from you. This will include contact details and other information relevant to providing services to you. This may take place in a number of ways, such as, from our surveillance systems in our premises and sites.
We may also collect contact details at our display suites, client events, community functions and at our short term pop up stores, if you contact us or if you subscribe to our publications.
We may also collect personal information from third parties such as our related bodies corporate, credit reporting agencies or your representatives or publicly available sources of information. All personal information that we or our related bodies corporate collect, is reasonably necessary for the purposes relating to providing our property based services to our clients. Those purposes include to:
- communicate with you;
- enhance your use of our Site and to improve our Site;
- provide you with the services or products that you have requested or that we feel may be interested;
- keep you up to date with our events and activities;
- assist us in developing services and products, for example, through analysis of customer feedback;
- recruitment and human resources purposes; and
- ensure compliance with regulatory and legal obligations.
If we receive personal information about you that we did not ask for, from someone other than you, and we determine that we could have collected this information from you had we asked for it, we will notify you, as soon as practicable, that we have collected your personal information. If we could not have collected this personal information, we will lawfully de identify or destroy that personal information.
We will not collect any sensitive information from you, revealing your: race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships or details of health or disability. Exceptions to this include:
- where you have given express consent to us to do so and the information is reasonably necessary for us to carry out our functions or activities, such as through our employee declaration forms, to ensure that potential employees are able to perform their duties;
- the use of this information is required or authorised under Australian law or a court or tribunal order; or
- when the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim
We will not collect personal information unless the information is reasonably necessary for or directly related to one, or more of our functions or activities. If we are unable to collect personal information we reasonably require, we may not be able to do business with you or the organisation with which you are connected.
When you visit the Site the server may attach a “cookie” to your computer’s memory. A “cookie” assists us to store information on how visitors to the Site use it and the pages that may be of most interest. This information may be used to make assumptions about who uses your computer and to provide users of your computer with information that we think may interest the users of your computer. However, this information is not linked to any personal information you may provide and cannot be used to identify you. You should be able to configure your computer so that it disables “cookies” or does not accept them.
3. Use and disclosure of information
We may use personal information about you for the primary purpose of providing you with our services, and for which you would reasonably expect us to use that information for, including sending you information about new developments, products, services and special offers by post, telephone or any form of electronic communication. We may use any email address or other personal information you provide to us at any time for this purpose
- Our contractors and service providers who assist us in the operation of our business;
- Our partners, related bodies corporate, third party lenders and insurers; and
- Government bodies or other agencies as required by law;
4. Direct marketing
We may use personal information about you for the primary purpose of providing you with our services, and for other purposes you would reasonably expect us to use that information for, including sending you information about new developments, products, services and special offers by post, telephone or any form of electronic communication. We may use any email address or other personal information you provide to us at any time for this purpose.
You can, at any time, opt out of receiving marketing material by contacting Us. You agree and acknowledge that even if you opt out of receiving marketing material, we will still send you essential information that we are legally required to send you relating to the services we provide. Once you opt out of receiving marketing material from us, you agree and acknowledge that this removal from our distribution lists may take several business days after the date of you request to be removed.
5. Accuracy of your information
All reasonable steps are taken by us to ensure that your personal information held by us is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If you believe that any of your personal information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading, please contact us (see below) and we will take all reasonable steps to correct it within a reasonable time.
6. Third Parties and your information
7. Disclosure of Information Overseas
We may transfer personal information to foreign countries.
8. Your consent
9. Storage and security
We will use all reasonable endeavours to keep your personal information in a secure environment, however, this security cannot be guaranteed. These measures are designed to ensure in your personal information is not being accessed by unauthorised personnel, lost or misused. If you reasonably believe that there has been unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information please contact us (see below).
If we no longer need your personal information, unless we are required under Australian law or a court or tribunal order to retain it, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify it.
10. Variation and consent to variation
11. Access to information we hold about you
If you request access to the personal information we hold about you, we will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time and, where reasonable and practicable, give access to the information in the manner you request. This will be subject to any exemptions allowed under the Privacy Act. You may request this information by writing to:
Billbergia Group Privacy Officer
Locked Bag 1400, Meadowbank NSW 2116
Or sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the option to either not identify yourself or to use a pseudonym when you contact us, unless it is impracticable for us to communicate with you in that manner or unless we are required or authorised under Australian law, or a court or tribunal order, to deal with individuals who have identified themselves.